Feature Requests
 RSS feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacobi

23 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  5:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can the RSS feed for new releases contain details about the release? The read link goes straight to download so I don't know what I'm getting when I click it.

Thanks!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18950 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  7:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes beta builds are posted before the details of what they contain is ready. This has happened again with VA 1711. This is useful when we are trying to get bug fixes for a recent regression posted, so people can get the fix now, and wait a couple of days for the full list of changes

If instead you turn on:

VA Options -> Startup -> Automatically check for new version
VA Options -> Startup -> Also check for new beta version

The download page that you are taken to contains a link to our history of changes page:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

membry

20 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  9:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about an RSS feed for the support forums? More and more I find blogs and forums disappear from my radar screen unless they have an RSS feed. Something like stackoverflow.com with feeds for different categories would be great but even a feed for all the forums that show threads with new posts for the day would be a big improvement over the current situation.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18950 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  10:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the forum's are technical support questions. Out of interest why would you want an RSS feed for this?

We sometimes post new beta releases of VA to the forums before announcing them more wildy, but this is done deliberately to get a small number of users to test the beta's, so support do not get overwhelmed if there are unexpected problems.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

membry

20 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  1:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same reason I want feeds for stackoverflow.com. To see if something new has been added and whether I might want to look at that post or not. The vast majority of which I never read. (Way too much to read too.) But then again, a lot of topics go by that I didn't know I wanted to read until a new post was added. Basically, it's a push-data model instead of a pull-data model. I've learned a fair bit from reading VAX forums but I do have to remind myself to check them out once in a while which seems to be every 1 - 3 months. With RSS, I'd be able to see issues as they are updated and maybe fix or workaround existing issue or add some additional info/feedback to an open issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000