VAX 1711 - Closing parens highlighted with yellow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wlater

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  1:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having a minor issue with VAX 1711. This did not exist in 1649. I am using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on Windows XP SP3.

All of my closing parentheses are now highlighted with a yellow background. I'm confident this is a VAX issue since it only showed up when I installed 1711. Also, if I disable VAX, the highlighting goes away. Also of note, if I then re-enable VAX, the highlighting still stays off. This only occurs with Disable/Enable, toggling VAX syntax highlighting has no effect. Also, disabling/enabling VAX corrects the issue with all source files currently open in VS, but closing a file and then reopening causes the highlighting to occur again. Basically, any file opened after toggling disable/enable will have the highlighting visible.

kevinsikes
Tomato Guru

USA
271 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you last searched for ) and you have highlight find results turned on (which is the default.) Try searching for something else, or pressing Esc to clear the find results highlighting

Kevin Sikes
Infotainment Platform Design Engineer
Ford Motor Company
Go to Top of Page

wlater

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  2:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mystery solved! Search highlighting just never occurred to me. The coincidence of having just installed 1711 didn't help either. Thanks for the quick help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000