Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Remove "Find Result (VA X)" color options?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mtwombley

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After installing 1711 I noticed my namespaces were highlighted. I thought there was something wrong with them and then I realize the the highlighting was because of my last search result.

Now I would use the VS Find when I wanted to look for something in my files but I didn't want them highlighted. VA Find I would use if I wanted highlighting.

The problem with the new highlighting of the VS Find Result is there is no easy way to turn it off. To turn it off I have to search for something I know doesn't exist. Which is a real pain.

If this can't be removed by myself could an option field be added to the VAX options dialog to turn it off.

Please please please.

rhummer
Tomato Guru

USA
527 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is an option to turn off the highlighting of the VS Find Results. VA X Options -> Advanced Display -> Highlight find results.

Tools Engineer - Raven Software
VS2005 SP2/VS2008 SP1 - VAX <LATEST> - Win 7 x64

Go to Top of Page

mtwombley

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  3:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I thought that was just for the VA Find. But now that I hover my mouse over it I see it is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

JesseCluff
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  5:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about if we want to highlight the find results but hate the highlight color (especially if you're using a customized color scheme).

Is there a way to change this highlight colour? I can't find any mention of it anywhere in the options.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

holedigger
Whole Tomato Software

145 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To change the highlight color, open Visual Studio's option dialog, select Environment -> Fonts and Colors and find the item "Find Result (VA X)".

To manually clear highlighting (without disabling the feature), simply press Esc.

Whole Tomato Software
Go to Top of Page

Arnt

20 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  04:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by holedigger

To manually clear highlighting (without disabling the feature), simply press Esc.

That is a good thing to know, although it was somehow hard to find (I went looking for a button, a menu item and a command to put in my customized menu before searching here!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000