New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dodudo7
Ketchup Master

Israel
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  7:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded from 1649 to 1715 and I have a few questions about the new version, mainly about the automatic highlighting of references to symbol under cursor:

1) How is it possible to dismiss the highlighting once I am no longer interested in any symbol highlighting? Pressing escape did not help.
2) I am not sure about it, but it seems to me that this new highlighting has a relatively long delay between the moment the referenced symbol has been scrolled into the viewer and the highlighting appearance. Also, in some cases, references to the currently clicked symbol that appear upper in the code and are not displayed at the moment, won't be highlighted at all even after scrolling the relevant line into the code viewer. Has anybody else noticed that?

Another question about an annoying (IMHO) new feature. Why having the VA toolbar displayed all time, regardless of file type and even when no files are open is something good for us. Is there any option to disable it and restore the good old behavior? I don't like having toolbars that are not relevant to current open file and that steal screen area without any any real need.

VA_X.dll file version 10.5.1715.0 built 2009.01.25
Licensed to:
VA X: (55-user license) Support ends 2009.06.11
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.1
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2982
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Edited by - dodudo7 on Jan 28 2009 06:36:00 AM

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The automatic highlighting of references is controlled strictly by the setting in the VA Options dialog.

If you only want temporary highlighting, then you should use the "Find References in File" command with the option "Highlight references using..." enabled (VA Options | Advanced | Refactoring | first item). Escape will clear the highlights when they are generated by one of the two Find References commands (escape also clears the highlights when they are generated by the Highlight Find Results feature). Escape does not affect the automatic highlighting of references feature.

As far as the toolbar goes, there are commands on the toolbar that are applicable when no files are open at all (OFIS, FSIS, VA Options). We also ran into situations in which the lack of the toolbar at startup caused users to think that VA was not installed properly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000