Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Project-leve Include directories ignored (STLPort)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SimuAndy

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  12:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are converting our usage of STL from the microsoft-supplied SDK to STLPort. We are doing this by changing each project's include directories to begin with our relative path to our installation of STLport within source control. (e.g.:
"$(SolutionDir)../ext/stlport/include").

However, unless we *also* change the system-wide IDE System Include directory settings, visual assist X (certainly the last build around 1720/1723, probably earlier ones) does not seem to want to parse symbols from it, nor refer to the stlport version of things when using Goto-functions, help text, etc.

Visual Studio 2008. SP1. Probably Vista 64-bit SP1, but also shows up on a laptop running Vista 32-bit SP1. I have not yet tested this under Windows XP SP3 running either VS2008 or VS2005.

I can probably build a reproduction case, but first I was wondering if this is the expected behavior? (There seems to be documentation for VAX that says otherwise, but I've seen documented-bugs before. :) )

--andy

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  3:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you try the following quick test please. Change:

VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform

from "Win32" to "Custom", and delete the IDE include directories that are causing the problem from the directory list. If you now restart the IDE do you see the desired result?

This will trigger a symbol database rebuild, but that should only take a few minutes.

This way there is no need to change the IDE settings, but it should have the desired result. Also it is easy to undo this change by simply setting the platform back to Win32.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

SimuAndy

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  4:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try this and get back with the results shortly.
Go to Top of Page

SimuAndy

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That appears to have worked on my machine perfectly. Thanks!

--a

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  09:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent news. I suspect the problem was that the stable include directories were somehow taking priority over the STLport directories. Since the same symbol's are defined in both places VA has to somehow decide which one to use.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

SimuAndy

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup... and now that we know how to deal with it, we'll add that to our list of customizations to our development environment so that others are not similarly affected.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000