Technical Support
 1715 find highlight with split window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arnt

20 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  08:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

When splitting an editing window in 2 in VC7, find highlighting has all sorts of strange issues. It started when I hit escape while in the lower split part, which did not clear the find highlighting (find was done before splitting the window). (reproducible; hitting escape while cursor is in the top window does work)

Playing around, I get all sorts of strange issues now in the split window, including no highlighting, highlighting only after switching from one split window to another etc. (no highlighting is reproducible currently, and remains even after 'removing' the window split)

Also, find w highlight, then escape, then splitting turns the highlighting on again.

Issues are 'per file' (per editor window most likely), closing the file and reopening fixes the issue.

(My support only goes until version 1715 currently, so I can't test with more recent versions but I don't see anything in the build history.)

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  6:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ESC doesn't clear the highlight in the lower pane: I am seeing the same effect here, and put in a bug report for this:

case=26621

I was able to reproduce also the splitting turns back highlighing problem:

case=26622

>no highlighting is reproducible currently, and remains even after 'removing' the window split
How did you do it?

Edited by - accord on May 04 2009 6:23:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arnt

20 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  03:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't easily reproduce the find without highlighting, but it seems to happen when I search for the same string twice in a split window (ctrl+f, search for whatever was selected, close find dialog, hit escape (if needed in the upper pane) to clear, repeat a few times, and sometimes it doesn't highlight, sometimes it does).

Trying this, more funny stuff:
ctrl+f (search for whatever was selected), hit enter or click find button
close dialog
split the window
in lower pane:
select and ctrl+f (on some other text), hit enter or click find button
-> I now see both this and the previous search results highlighted
hit escape -> only the last searched highlight clears
-> go to upper pane, hit esc -> other one clears as well

playing around like that, I sometimes get into a situation where there's no highlighting, but I can't find a reproducible set of things that trigger it. I think searching twice for the same string in a split window is the trigger, but it doesn't always happen so that's not the only thing.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
-> I now see both this and the previous search results highlighted

I have put in a bug report for this:

case=26873

About the other issue: I had been doing some investigation and found that I can reproduce a no highlight case:

case=26872

Highlight find results will not work if you search for the same string after ESC.

Edited by - accord on May 11 2009 5:54:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000