New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bud
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  06:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

i am working often on different problems in different projects, and its hardly to manage a set of marker/breakpoints to a specific problem.

The problem is that i work with a version management system and i dont want to add problem specific markers to the sourcecode. Maybe there is a easy way to organize groups of markers in solutions with additional informations and a way to import/export these in a file. So i can share these information with other developers.

Do anyone know a feature in VAX?

jschroedl
Tomato Guru

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  10:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not aware of such a feature in VAX but have wanted it myself. I'd love a per-project or per-solution set of breakpoints.

Since I do desktop app work, it would also rock to pair that with the ability to configure the debug command line parameters.

[This probably belongs in the Suggestions and Ideas forum.]
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  1:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jschroedl I thought that the IDE maintained the list of breakpoints for you.

Bud, in a way this is what SourceLinks is designed to do, in reverse. It lets you add a set of marker comments that all point at a given "issue". By default it points at a FogBugz database, but you can point it at something else instead, via your own plugin:

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=10

Unfortunately this does require modifying the code files. Trying to add "named lists" on top of the IDE, when it already has the Task List / TODO list feature built in, via comments, seems a bit overkill.

You might find this useful, I have never used it myself though, so I cannot really comment on it:

http://www.usysware.com/dpack/Bookmarks.aspx

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000