Technical Support
 Visual Assist X + Javascript
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Koper

3 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  4:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to disable VAX for .js files? It's getting mostly everything wrong (auto-completing stuff like functions, variable names, etc taking them from .cpp files!!) and it's kinda a pain to write JS code since I have to do ctrl-z tons of times to undo what VAX does.

For example in my C++ solution I have:
void Log(...etc...);

I want to call "log.console(...)" in a .js file and when I type "log." VAX will change it to "Log." .. Undoing it every time is VERY annoying

Thanks!

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the VA Options dialog, go to Projects | File Handling. Add ".js;" to the "Extensions to ignore" list. Alternatively, if the problem is strictly related to bad 'case correction' , then you can disable that feature on the Advanced | Corrections page of the VA Options dialog ("Repair case").
Go to Top of Page

Koper

3 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.. And no it's not only related to case repairing, it thinks that I'm writing C++ code. The suggestions and auto-corrections I get are exactly the same I would get if I was editing a .cpp file..

Isn't this a bug? The homepage says JavaScript is supported
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  5:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on a quick test I am not seeing this problem with a .js file. It is part of a solution that also contains C++, VB and C# code. Based on your description I have added this to a cpp file in my solution:

void Log(std::string strLogThis)
{
}

and this to my .js file:

function simpleListboxTest()
{
	var localTest;
	localTest;
	|
}

when I start typing "log" in C++ I see this:

So VA certainly knows about this function. But when I type in the .js file I see this:

and I am not seeing any case correction effects, even though case correction is turned on.

Is your .js file part of a solution? Do you even have a solution currently open?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Koper

3 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  9:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it's part of a C++ solution which is open. I don't know what to tell you it happens on my machine :/

For example this is what happens if I type log (and then if I type '.' it would be automatically corrected to Log, but it's not only a problem with case correction, it wrongly auto-completes stuff with C++ code): http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5084/vaxv.jpg

ALL the functions and variables listed are from C++ code.

Version is 1727

EDIT: Just to clarify what I mean by "it's not only a case correction issue", as you saw in the screenshot I have a global C++ variable called "LoadingScreensCache".

Let's say that I want to call an hypothetical loading.done() function in JS.. I start typing "loading" and the VA dropdown menu suggests me "LoadingScreensCache" (among others)... I ignore it and press '.' and then VA replaces my "loading." with "LoadingScreensCache."

Since it's a huge project with a lot of structs, variables, classes and whatnot.. You can imagine how annoying it is :( Now that I disabled it for .js files I'm happy and it's good enough for me.

Edited by - Koper on Jul 20 2009 9:19:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  3:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect the settings for accepting a listbox might be effecting you here, so that listboxes are being accepted with any character not valid in a symbol.

However playing with those settings won't help that much since the listboxes are not very useful at all.

I am glad you have found a solution that works well for you

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000