Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike ONeill
Tomato Guru

South Africa
103 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am experiencing some funnies , I loaded build 1731 , so I am not sure if its that or not .

When I start to type I see a suggestion I am looking for but before I can select it , the highlight jumps a few lines down to something I don't want. If meanwhile I have accepted it , its backspace and try again, quite frustrating, sometime I am not that quick ....

In general from 1727 on , I am seeing (preceptions ?) a degradation in intellesence suggestions , for example I have a variable "selectedProcess" , typing <s> sometime gives it but typing <sp> as its acronym never does .I mentioned this a week or two ago

I haven't loaded 1733 yet but judging from the comments it may make things worse.

This is a new PC , so no odds and ends I have Red Gate SQL prompt installed but no ther add ins

Vista Business , vs 2008 Sp1

Cheers

Mike

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you type one letter and see a suggestion list, and then type a second letter the suggestion list might under go some significant changes, since VA now has more information to work with. Does this sound like what might be happening?

If you stop typing then the suggestion listbox should not jump around.

Can you try installing VA 1734, we have been making some changes to suggestion listboxes, and one of the changes is to try and filter out more symbols that you don't want to see, to try and improve the accuracy and usefulness of the suggestion lists.

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Mike ONeill
Tomato Guru

South Africa
103 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  06:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I will load 1734 and report back

What I see is the selection I want highlighted but unless I select it quickly ( 1 second ??) the focus moves off my seelction to something completely unrelated a few lines lower in the list.

For example I have inventoryBindingSource , previously <ibs> would show it , sometimes now simply <i> shows it then just before I can select it , the list focus moves off to an interface Ixxx , not related to teh acronym

I'll try and replicate and send a screenshot

Let me try 1734 and comment

Cheers

Mike
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  3:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very odd, I am not sure what is going on here. A movie capture of the changing listbox might help. I have recently been trying this free and simple program:

http://camstudio.org/

and it is working well for me. Setting it to only record a small part of the screen helps, to keep the produced file small.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000