New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  09:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First I tried to install the new demo parallel to a version from 2008, but to a different folder. It didn't work at all. Yeah, that was dumb.

So, I uninstalled everything VAX-related, used two Registry cleaners to clean up the left-behinds bits, and re-installed the current demo. But when VS2008 starts up, I still get the "dormant" message box, with the "Try" button disabled.

Now what?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  10:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the problems, it sounds like our licence check mechanism has got slightly upset.

I have asked our sales department to email you a trial key so you can try the latest version. Until the email arrives you should be able to just reinstall your old version of VA over the top and enter your current key when prompted.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  10:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - can you have them send it to "larry.a.leonard the-symbol varec dawt kom" ? Thanks.

A clue may be that I'm forced to used something called "Trusted Desktop" that pretty much screws with everything on you PC - I'm not even an admin on my own box. Just of curiousity, have you guys tested against it? If not, you should, because it's a complete PITA to work wi... I mean, around.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  3:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should have the email and trial key by now.

I am not finding any references to "Trusted Desktop", so it is not something that anyone else seems to have reported problems with. I have seen occasional problems with installing VA on restricted systems, where certain registry keys cannot be entered / saved. When this happens you tend to be asked to re-enter the license key each time you load the IDE, since the key cannot be saved, even though it is accepted.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000