New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GKarRacer
Ketchup Master

USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  6:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you select a function name (C++) in the suggestion box it adds the appropriate function name to the source file followed by parentheses and then positions the cursor in one of two places depending on the parameter list. If the function has no parameters, then the cursor is positioned after the closing parenthesis, but if it does have parameters, then the cursor is positioned between the parentheses (so you can add values). This is normal and is a good thing.

Would it be possible to extend the check, so that if the function has parameters and all of them (i.e. the first one) has a default value specified, then the cursor is positioned after the closing parenthesis (as if it had no parameters)?

There are lots of functions like this and I find myself constantly having to move past the parenthesis. Generally, it is only on rare occasions that I have to actually type in a parameter to override the defaults, so it'd be easy to reposition on those cases.

I don't know how easy that would be to implement. I imagine only the first parameter needs to be checked as if it has a default than all of them have to have one.

Hopefully I made myself clear enough. I can give some examples if need be.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have explained quite clearly, thank you This is a very interesting idea, and it makes a lot of sense. I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=33033

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

GKarRacer
Ketchup Master

USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  2:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has there been any renewed thought on this one? I'd love to have this implemented.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18951 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  7:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately no movement yet, but this is still on the list of features we are considering adding. It has not been forgotten.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000