1822 can't commit suggestion with Enter Key
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nmiceliuribe

Mexico
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  12:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello this is my first post so i will try to explain as best as i can. I've been using VAX1822 with VS2010 RTM in a C# ASP.NET.

Now my problem/question: i can only commit from the suggestion list with <TAB>, when i write non capital acronyms or shorthands.

Ex:
writing DropDownList.sv and <Enter> used to select the SelectedValue property on the suggestion list, now only commits the SelectedValue property with <TAB> (the item in the list is selected but not highlighted).

But if i write DropDownList.SV <Enter> it commits the SelectedValue property right (the item in the list is selected and highlighted).

the options to commit suggestions in VAX->options->ListBoxes have TAB and ENTER Checkboxes selected, is this behavior normal?

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=43470
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  4:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of this is actually behavior that we expect. If the item is not selected/highlighted, then <Enter> will not insert the item. The option for the ENTER checkbox in the VA dialog affects what keys are used when the item is selected/highlighted but doesn't apply when the item only has the unselected focus rectangle.

The effect of acronym filtering on whether an item is selected or just has the focus rectangle appears to be what we expect in the screenshot, but in C++ files, the behavior is different - the items are selected/highlighted. That discrepancy needs looking at.
Go to Top of Page

nmiceliuribe

Mexico
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  10:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that has to be something with visual studio because the behavior that now does not work, used to in visual studio 2005, sorry but it's been 3 years and now getting used to a new key is taking some time.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  9:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=43470 is fixed in build 1823

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  9:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To clarify, Enter will commit the selection in the example given if "Prefer Acronym matches" is enabled on the Advanced | Listboxes page of the VA Options dialog.
Go to Top of Page

nmiceliuribe

Mexico
8 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  9:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on 1823 now, that was real fast.

Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: