New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nobodo
Tomato Guru

126 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VS2010, VAX 1830

When I move in the editor display from a code tab that displays the VA Nav Bar to one that does not display the Navigation Bar (stored proc, for example), and then move back to the tab where the nav bar is displayed, the Navigation Bar relocates below the area where it is supposed to be.
If the nav bar is docked at top, it moves down inside the source code window, and a black bar displays where the nav bar should be.
If the nav bar is docked at bottom, it moves down into the status bar.

Before:

Change to tab with no va bar (note: there is also a new row of toolbars added to the display when editing procs - this might have something to do with the problem since the new row of tabs disappears when going back to C# code):

After changing back to C# code:

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  1:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far I cannot reproduce the problem here. I am getting the extra toolbar when I move into a SQL file, but it is placed in with the existing toolbars for me, so the toolbars are taking up the same amount of vertical space.

I am not sure why your toolbars are taking up more height in one file vs another.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Perhaps this will give me the same toolbar behaviour.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Nobodo
Tomato Guru

126 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use VS spanned across monitors, so if you try with my settings on a single monitor you won't even be able to use the edit window...

Try this...
When you note the extra toolbar while displaying a stored proc, drag that new toolbar down and create a new row that it goes on. VS will remember that, and next time you open a stored proc the new toolbar will create a new row, and when you go back to C# code the toolbar row will disappear.

I just did an experiment where I eliminated the extra toolbar row when editing a stored proc, and the problem went away. That tells me that the problem seems to be caused by having an extra toolbar row on the edit window for a file type that doesn't display the VA Nav Bar.

Or if you'd like I'll go ahead and export the VAX and VS settings and send them on (but the above might be a time-saver to see the issue).

Thanks,
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  2:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had tried dragging different toolbars to a new line, rather than the SQL specific toolbar. It is obvious that this is how you reproduce the problem when you say it:

case=48808

For me changing between two code files that both show the VA context and definition fields fixes this display problem, so this might help as a work around for now.

Go to Top of Page

Nobodo
Tomato Guru

126 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  2:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another workaround is ensuring that another row of toolbars doesn't get added when moving to a different file type in the editor.

Thanks feline,
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

torokze

Hungary
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  11:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same symptom.
- I'm editing a CS files.
- Opening an XML file.
- switch back to CS and the navigation bar's gone
- switch to XML and file tabs missing too.

Take a look at this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53713579@N06/4963543165/
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  11:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, this seems to have the same trigger, the toolbars are a different height in the different file types.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  10:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=48808 was marked as a duplicate of case=48062, which is fixed in build 1832

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000