Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregDude

31 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  04:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using VAX for a short time now and have this feedback relating to highlighting of matching brackets / braces:
1) With this feature enabled there is a regular small delay while moving the cursor around. I navigate using arrows + control key mostly and the response feels laggy.
2) I cannot easily see the flashing cursor when it is beside a highlighted bracket. VAX Options allows some color configuration but not a lot. We might need foreground and background color options. I use a dark background for text editing and would like to highlight brackets by foreground color, not background block.

System:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
6GB RAM
Intel 4x 2.8ghz

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA does not attempt to highlight the matching brackets until you pause the cursor, since if you are rapidly scrolling through the code it is likely to be a distraction. Plus we need a few moments to determine which brackets to highlight.

If you are using VS2003 or above, and a recent version of VA, have a look in the IDE Fonts and Colors options, where you can set both the foreground and background color for "VA X Brace Matching" and "VA X Brace Error", so you can select a colour scheme that shows up well for you.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

GregDude

31 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  11:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks feline, I did not realize VAX had (font and color) options inside the existing IDE dialogs as well as its own dialog.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000