Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How to scroll through overloaded C++ methods?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Dexter

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  12:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VC++ had quite good autocomplete for methods, including pressing up/down to toggle through multiple overloads.

But the VA version, though nicer, isn't showing me there are multiple overloads and I don't know how to pick the one I want.

e.g I type:
setParameter(

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  2:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visual Assist also supports this function, but unfortunately there is a know issue with this feature: methods/functions declared in the source file does not show up, but it will work when the methods/functions are declared in the header file:

case=495
Go to Top of Page

John Dexter

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  4:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By declared, do you mean putting the actual method body in the .h (like a Java class)? I've got method signature in .h and method body in the .cpp like normal C++... if that's the case it doesn't work this seems a fairly serious issue considering how long VA has been around :) Don't suppose you can selectively control which VA features are enabled?
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  03:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, the known bug I had mentioned is when both the declaration and the body is in the cpp file for C++ methods or there is no declaration of a C function. It seems you have a different problem. Can you please post here or send us a code snippet, where it happens? In case you don't want to post it here, you can send it us via this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please paste the URL of this topic to the description field so we can match it up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000