New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Staffan

Sweden
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  10:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I would like some help with having header files being able to be incleded stand-alone, ie not depend on the ordering/pre-inclusion of other files.

For example, in a certain implementation of STL, some header files may include other header files, and I may mistakenly use a class that I haven't specifically included the header for.

Example:

I use size_t without having included stddef.h. It works, because I have included for example <vector>, but not the documented include file.
In this case, I would like some help with pointing out that I use a type that has not been specifically included.

I would also like to have VA add the correct header and using statement to my implementation file if I use a type that I haven't included the header for.

Regards,
/Staffan

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  7:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can add includes automatically by using our "Add include" refactoring feature:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/autoUsing.asp#include

Also, this feature supports the checking whether a symbol is directly included or not, because Add Include only available when the symbol in not yet included directly. So it isn't available if the symbol is not included at all or not included directly.

Regarding Add using: we are considering to implement this at some point:

case=32045
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000