Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Remove logo from "Open file in solution"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Biohazard Posted - Sep 28 2024 : 3:39:43 PM
Hi,

I just paid for an update for Visual Assist because in VS 2022 it started showing an error dialog when pressing escape during multi-line editing, so I needed to update.

Now in the "open file in solution" dialog it's showing a huge distracting tomato from your logo. My previous version was already a couple years old, I don't think it had any logo there.

How do I remove the logo? This is the only feature from VA that I really need, because the built-in one is too slow. But your logo there is quite distracting, I'm afraid I can't use it like this. I have a 4k screen using 100 DPI and the logo scales almost over the entire dialog.

I'm fine with being able to replace the image file if it's accessible or binary edit the extension, if it's stored in an uncompressed format.

Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 02 2024 : 10:23:00 AM
It's one of those "easy when you know how" situations
Biohazard Posted - Oct 01 2024 : 2:04:18 PM
Thank you both, I missed that option!
feline Posted - Sep 30 2024 : 07:34:07 AM
Exactly, thank you SvenR.

In case anyone is wondering why the logo is there, I think the idea is to make it easier to tell that this is a VA dialog, and not an IDE dialog. We try to merge as seamlessly as possible into the IDE, but the side effect is that it isn't always obvious if you are interacting with VA or the IDE, which makes it harder to know where to ask questions if you have any.
SvenR Posted - Sep 29 2024 : 02:38:35 AM
Just disable Add tomato art behind OFIS and FSIS on page Floating Buttons and Icons in VA's settings dialog.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000