Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX trial license & VAX uninstall crash

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dodudo7 Posted - Nov 27 2005 : 08:52:41 AM
I am a registered user of VAX.Net and I thought about trying the new version.
According to your site the evaluation period is 30 days, but it seems that for some reason, already registered users get only 3 days.
I installed the 1433 version b4 the weekend and by now it is already expired, so I have no evaluation at all.
I saw that some users already complained about this in this forum but the trial license you posted is not accepted by VAX1433.
So, all I could do is to uninstall and go back to the version I already use, but... the uninstall crashes.

p.s.
1) The uninstall of VAX1434 crashes the same way.
2) I am using W2K SP4, Visual Studio.Net 2003.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 12 2007 : 08:09:56 AM
regg I will reply to this in the other thread, for ease:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6110
regg Posted - Apr 12 2007 : 04:29:09 AM
I'm now having this exact problem with build 1543.

It started yesterday after a Windows Update of Vista Ultimate.

The updates were:
KB930178
KB931099
KB932330
KB905866

I was programming in VS2005 for about 1 hour when I noticed that there were some new Vista updates waiting for me to download and install.

I closed VS and had the Vista updates installed.
I then tried to open VS...and got an error saying that VS can't load.
I disabled my only plug-in (VAX) and VS loaded up fine.

I tried to uninstall it(VAX) but a got that gert0.exe error.
I tried to install on top it and got the same gert0.exe error.

I disabled AVG and MS Defender...nothing changed.
So I uninstalled AVG and MS Defender and rebooted...nothing changed.

At this point I became frustrated and tried to uninstall by hand.

I first tried to Unregister your DLL with regsvr32.
I only came across 2 of them that wouldn't unregister:
VA_X.DLL and VAOpsWin.dll.

I am a registered user and need help, can you guys really look into this problem and get back to me soon with a resolution, because it doesn't seem like an Anti-Virus, Spyware problem.

Thanks
support Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 12:02:33 PM
We are fairly confident the gert0 crash is a result of an anti-virus product assuming our uninstaller is a virus but we just tested McAfee anti-virus and don't get the error you get. We do have the latest security updates.

Do you have the latest McAfee security updates?

Does disabing anti-virus then restarting (to make sure the real-time checking is really gone,) make a difference?
PaulAV Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 10:45:28 AM
I am also having the same problem while trying to uninstall VAX. gert0.exe crashes with a memory violation. I disabled my McAfee anti-virus as well as my Spybot anti-spyware and the problem remained. Any help would be appreciated.
support Posted - Feb 21 2006 : 12:06:56 PM
We assume you refer to the gert0 error. If so, look for other anti-virus and anti-spyware software. One of the two is falsly assuming our uninstaller is a threat.

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3770
Yum Own Yung Posted - Feb 19 2006 : 9:12:01 PM
I don't use MS Antispyware! but This problem is accurred with Visual Assist X 14xx version.
Please give me another solution!
support Posted - Nov 30 2005 : 4:32:21 PM
We believe MS Antispyware falsely assumes some builds of VA X are viruses because VA X was using the same uninstaller that the ABCScrabble virus used. We know other products are having the same problem, i.e. false positives.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2159972.php

We tested MS Antispyware Beta 1.0.107, with real-time protection enabled, and do not get an error at uninstall of VA X 1434.

If you get the error at uninstall, make sure you have the latest version of MS Antispyware. Get the latest VA X build as well.
dodudo7 Posted - Nov 29 2005 : 06:54:45 AM
You are correct, MS Antispyware is installed on my system.
Thanks.
support Posted - Nov 28 2005 : 7:45:54 PM
You must have tried previously a 14xx build (or any build beyond your support coverage,) and the trial of that version started more than 30 days ago. If you install even newer builds, you get 3 days per build.

Send email to [email protected] for a key to extend your trial.

We believe the gert0.exe error at uninstall occurs only when real-time protection of Microsoft Antispyware is enabled. Is this the case for you?
dodudo7 Posted - Nov 28 2005 : 7:00:17 PM
I reinstalled 1301 and it's working OK.
feline Posted - Nov 28 2005 : 6:26:46 PM
i have just finished installing and then uninstalling both 1433 and 1434 on a win2k machine, and everything worked correctly. are you able to reinstall your old version of VA (i am guessing 1301) over the top to get back to a working system?

i will email support about the trial licence problem, they should be able to provide you with a licence to enable you to evaluate 1434.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000