Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1530: Alt+G not working as expected

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Wilcock Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 04:39:32 AM
Hello

Alt+G does not seem to be working properly in build 1530. I have a class called CMainDlg defined in maindlg.h and implemented in maindlg.cpp. When I press Alt+G on a call to a CMainDlg member function within maindlg.cpp, VA does not offer me a choice of targets, it just goes straight to the declaration in maindlg.h.

If I then go back to the CPP file and click the Reparse button, VA does pop a menu listing both the declaration and the implementation when I subsequently press Alt+G.

The same problem happens if I click on a function call in maindlg.cpp that refers to a function in another pair of CPP/H files - VA 1530 always goes straight to the declaration in the H file until I do a manual Reparse on the CPP file.

I've tried rebuilding the symbol databases and clearing the cache, and the behaviour is still the same.

Thanks for your help...!

Chris
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 10:18:55 AM
If your first case, VA X will jump to the header if you're in the implementation. VA X assumes you know where you are and don't need a menu.

If you're in the file with the implementation but not within the implementation itself, you'll get a menu.

As for the last problem where VA X took you only to the header -- this happens when VA X hasn't see the location of your implementation. Since you have build 1530, VA X should know if you have "Parse all files..." enabled when you open your project? Do you have the option enabled? (It's in the VA X options.)

If you don't have the option enabled, VA X sees locations only when you open cpp files. Hence, behavior changes after you visit the file containing the implementation. (In this manner, VA X helps with sources you visit outside your project.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000