Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Indicator line 'walks' with the scrollbar

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mspa Posted - Jul 24 2006 : 07:40:25 AM
I have set my indicator line at 120 characters but this line moves along with the scrollbar. The weird thing is that this only happens after a specific point.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 9:26:55 PM
case=53 is fixed in build 1715
feline Posted - Jul 26 2006 : 8:07:39 PM
i totally missed that one, obviously i needed to search the bug database more carefully *rolls eyes*

surely though, after a certain age, bugs should be promoted to features?

it seems someone has just been thinking about this, while fixing case 196. hopefully the developers are starting to catch up.

as for fixing people's minds, i suspect we would have to rely on a set of enhanced autotext files. after all, imagine the trouble if we go around deciding what your mind should look like ourselves? then again... "must make better bug reports", "will always include IDE and version of VA in bug reports"...

perhaps we should include a few default brain fixes after all
swinefeaster Posted - Jul 26 2006 : 1:53:46 PM
LOL case 53... talk about ancient!
bugfix Posted - Jul 26 2006 : 07:51:52 AM
there you go:)
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3750
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1950
khb Posted - Jul 26 2006 : 02:16:55 AM
It's ok if you spend time in implementing the new mind reading functionality. However, after you release it, it's ok if you spend all your time on fixing bugs in the mind reader. Maybe you can also fix my mind from time to time...

Regards,
Marcus.
feline Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 8:04:36 PM
you can tell this is one of our more high traffic bugs, since i don't recall ever hearing of this before since i am not seeing a case for it, so i have added one.

case=1814

as for new features, surely everyone can agree that putting work into the new "mind reading" dll is time well spent! now if they would just give me a copy to play with...

for what its worth there are quite a lot of bug fixes lined up for the next build, and i have myself asked how time is divided between bug fixing and new development. the official answer is that nearly all time goes on bug fixing. do remember though, the developers are rather outnumbered by our users, who are always coming up with new and creative ways of breaking VA i have seen some bug reports where you wonder, what on earth were they trying to do???
swinefeaster Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 12:03:45 PM
i like the bug! it's entertaining really...
bugfix Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 07:10:37 AM
I guess it's more important to add new features:)
mspa Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 03:22:38 AM
Hmmmm never seen it before

Is it that hard to solve or has it too low priority?
khb Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 02:11:35 AM
So, the bug became time-barred. It's now a feature

Regards,
Marcus.
bugfix Posted - Jul 24 2006 : 12:20:16 PM
This is a known problem which exists like at least 2+ years.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000