Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Why License Check in use even when VA is disabled?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GreenMoose Posted - Feb 27 2007 : 03:55:19 AM
Hi,

Are there technical reasons why the license check integration stuff cannot be started/paused if VA is enabled/disabled use rather than during IDE Startup, or is this done like this for some other reason?

For instance, if I have several computers but only working with 1 at a time, I must close down all IDEs on all computers except the current one. If I switch between the comps often this gets quite annoying if I currently am in debugging sessions etc.

Can't the check be implemented both during startup as well as when using the Enable/Disable VA switch instead, so one can just disable VA on the IDE not currently "in use", instead of having to shut down the entire IDE?

Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Feb 28 2007 : 4:51:47 PM
Yet another part of the answer is, "we use a [very good] 3rd party tool for license checking but we don't have complete control of it." We're unable to claim a license is not in use when our exe is still running. Hence, an IDE that complains of exceeding a license still counts as a user until the IDE exits, even it VA X fails to load.

If only the world was a perfect place...
feline Posted - Feb 27 2007 : 1:02:03 PM
The simple answer is that the licence check is not an exact science, and it relies on the assumption that two computers running VA is two developers using VA. I know this is not always true, but it can be hard to tell these two apart.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000