Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem parsing include files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WalderMort Posted - Feb 14 2008 : 10:46:33 PM
I have configured VS2005 to use the windows driver kit ( vista version ), but VAX doesn't seem to be parsing the include files and highlighting the symbols.

VS is configured with the include directory "D:\\DDK\\6001.18000\\inc" and VAX shows the same, but the symbols are not highlighted.

In my stdafx.h the project includes are defined as:
#include <ntifs.h>

changing these to the full paths corrects the problem
#include "D:\\DDK\\6001.18000\\inc\\ntifs.h"

I also have to add this line:
#include "D:\\DDK\\6001.18000\\api\\ntdef.h"

So the question remains, why are the files not being found?

A point to note, VS is configured to use the WDK compiler so there are no build errors.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 15 2008 : 8:41:58 PM
It depends how you are configuring VA and the IDE. VA knows that everything underneath its stable include directories is also a stable symbol, so in a sense the entire directory tree is covered.
WalderMort Posted - Feb 15 2008 : 8:17:58 PM
Your suspicions are correct. I found the cause of the problem.
The DDK's include directory doesn't contain any files, but it does contain a further 7 directories where the headers reside. Partly my fault, but VS should be configured to scan all 7 directories rather than just the base.
Perhaps in a future release VA could be modified to also scan the sub-directories.
feline Posted - Feb 15 2008 : 09:23:53 AM
With the include line:

#include <ntifs.h>

if you place the caret into the file name what does VA show in its context and definition fields? If you press alt-g what happens?

I suspect VA does not know where this file lives.

Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into this thread. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000