Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 File has been deleted bug with 1640 and 1626

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anilyigitfiliz Posted - Jul 21 2008 : 04:27:51 AM
I have copied my project to another folder and now when I try to open the solution an error message appears saying:

Visual Assist X
The file 'FILE NAME' has been deleted! Be sure to save the contents of the editor before closing the window.

where FILE NAME is a file that has been left open in the previous session.

After that Visual Assist doesn't work at all underlining all symbols recognizing nothing. And when I try to save any file the Visual Studio gives this warning:

Warning
"FILE NAME" was not saved and no longer exists. This problem occured due to a conflict between VS.NET and real time, anti-virus software. Please be sure to save the file again.

This error happens everytime I open this solution. I am sorry for not being able to give a specific description of the error for there isn't any specific sequence for this error it just happened and now happens all the time.

I tried disabling Visual Assist and the error disappeared so I am sure this is caused by Visual Assist. I have tried versions 1640 and 1626 they both gave the same error. I have VisualSVN installed, I tried uninstalling/installing VisualSVN it didn't change the error so I don't think VisualSVN is affecting the error. I am using Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 21 2008 : 10:48:28 AM
Build 1646 supports filepaths that contain Unicode characters.
anilyigitfiliz Posted - Jul 21 2008 : 09:34:56 AM
After hours of trying I've finally managed to find the source of the error. My new project folder name contained a Unicode character '#305;' which is a Turkish alphabet character and when I renamed the folder to make it all ascii characters it worked. So to sum up if the solution is in a folder containing non-ascii characters Visual Assist gives the errors described in the previous post.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000