Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1711 - Closing parens highlighted with yellow

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wlater Posted - Dec 22 2008 : 1:58:07 PM
I'm having a minor issue with VAX 1711. This did not exist in 1649. I am using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on Windows XP SP3.

All of my closing parentheses are now highlighted with a yellow background. I'm confident this is a VAX issue since it only showed up when I installed 1711. Also, if I disable VAX, the highlighting goes away. Also of note, if I then re-enable VAX, the highlighting still stays off. This only occurs with Disable/Enable, toggling VAX syntax highlighting has no effect. Also, disabling/enabling VAX corrects the issue with all source files currently open in VS, but closing a file and then reopening causes the highlighting to occur again. Basically, any file opened after toggling disable/enable will have the highlighting visible.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wlater Posted - Dec 22 2008 : 2:20:50 PM
Mystery solved! Search highlighting just never occurred to me. The coincidence of having just installed 1711 didn't help either. Thanks for the quick help.
kevinsikes Posted - Dec 22 2008 : 2:01:11 PM
It sounds like you last searched for ) and you have highlight find results turned on (which is the default.) Try searching for something else, or pressing Esc to clear the find results highlighting

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000