Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Remove "Find Result (VA X)" color options?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mtwombley Posted - Jan 05 2009 : 2:05:24 PM
After installing 1711 I noticed my namespaces were highlighted. I thought there was something wrong with them and then I realize the the highlighting was because of my last search result.

Now I would use the VS Find when I wanted to look for something in my files but I didn't want them highlighted. VA Find I would use if I wanted highlighting.

The problem with the new highlighting of the VS Find Result is there is no easy way to turn it off. To turn it off I have to search for something I know doesn't exist. Which is a real pain.

If this can't be removed by myself could an option field be added to the VAX options dialog to turn it off.

Please please please.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arnt Posted - Jan 09 2009 : 04:22:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by holedigger

To manually clear highlighting (without disabling the feature), simply press Esc.

That is a good thing to know, although it was somehow hard to find (I went looking for a button, a menu item and a command to put in my customized menu before searching here!)
holedigger Posted - Jan 05 2009 : 6:46:01 PM
To change the highlight color, open Visual Studio's option dialog, select Environment -> Fonts and Colors and find the item "Find Result (VA X)".

To manually clear highlighting (without disabling the feature), simply press Esc.
JesseCluff Posted - Jan 05 2009 : 5:25:13 PM
What about if we want to highlight the find results but hate the highlight color (especially if you're using a customized color scheme).

Is there a way to change this highlight colour? I can't find any mention of it anywhere in the options.

Thanks.
mtwombley Posted - Jan 05 2009 : 3:17:55 PM
Thanks, I thought that was just for the VA Find. But now that I hover my mouse over it I see it is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again
Mark.
rhummer Posted - Jan 05 2009 : 2:33:25 PM
There is an option to turn off the highlighting of the VS Find Results. VA X Options -> Advanced Display -> Highlight find results.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000