Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1715: Escape key, suggestion list, find references

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
khb Posted - Mar 15 2009 : 05:02:07 AM
I'm just doing some refactoring using VC6/1715. A lot of small changes at a lot of places. I use Find References for specific symbols but I also need to modify lines around it. At first I modify the symbol manually, then I want to navigate a line below. But after editing the symbol the suggestions list box shows up. So I can't use the cursor keys to navigate within the code. This is ok because I can press the escape key to close the suggestion list box. But at the same time also the Find References window closes. And this drives me mad. Is there a way to close the suggestion list box without closing the Find References window? Or can you make the escape key not affecting several things at the same time?

Regards
Marcus
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
khb Posted - Mar 17 2009 : 04:14:26 AM
Thank you, accord. I'll try to clone the results. This sounds like a sensible workaround.

Regards
Marcus
accord Posted - Mar 16 2009 : 3:53:09 PM
We have put in a bug report:

case=25094

For now, you can use the "Clone Results" command as a workaround to create a new Find Results popup window that is not affected by the escape key:

Right click on the window -> Clone Results to New Window
or click on the 5th icon.
accord Posted - Mar 15 2009 : 9:46:50 PM
Unfortunately, VA X is limited in what it can do inside VC 6.0. We don't have any way to create a tabbed window so we hijack the Output window which closes if you press ESC. But I've asked the developers about it.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000