Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Marker/Breakpoint management available

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bud Posted - Jun 18 2009 : 06:36:29 AM
Hello,

i am working often on different problems in different projects, and its hardly to manage a set of marker/breakpoints to a specific problem.

The problem is that i work with a version management system and i dont want to add problem specific markers to the sourcecode. Maybe there is a easy way to organize groups of markers in solutions with additional informations and a way to import/export these in a file. So i can share these information with other developers.

Do anyone know a feature in VAX?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 18 2009 : 1:31:02 PM
jschroedl I thought that the IDE maintained the list of breakpoints for you.

Bud, in a way this is what SourceLinks is designed to do, in reverse. It lets you add a set of marker comments that all point at a given "issue". By default it points at a FogBugz database, but you can point it at something else instead, via your own plugin:

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=10

Unfortunately this does require modifying the code files. Trying to add "named lists" on top of the IDE, when it already has the Task List / TODO list feature built in, via comments, seems a bit overkill.

You might find this useful, I have never used it myself though, so I cannot really comment on it:

http://www.usysware.com/dpack/Bookmarks.aspx
jschroedl Posted - Jun 18 2009 : 10:14:42 AM
I'm not aware of such a feature in VAX but have wanted it myself. I'd love a per-project or per-solution set of breakpoints.

Since I do desktop app work, it would also rock to pair that with the ability to configure the debug command line parameters.

[This probably belongs in the Suggestions and Ideas forum.]

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000