Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual Assist X + Javascript

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Koper Posted - Jul 17 2009 : 4:48:20 PM
Is there a way to disable VAX for .js files? It's getting mostly everything wrong (auto-completing stuff like functions, variable names, etc taking them from .cpp files!!) and it's kinda a pain to write JS code since I have to do ctrl-z tons of times to undo what VAX does.

For example in my C++ solution I have:
void Log(...etc...);

I want to call "log.console(...)" in a .js file and when I type "log." VAX will change it to "Log." .. Undoing it every time is VERY annoying

Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 21 2009 : 3:27:01 PM
I suspect the settings for accepting a listbox might be effecting you here, so that listboxes are being accepted with any character not valid in a symbol.

However playing with those settings won't help that much since the listboxes are not very useful at all.

I am glad you have found a solution that works well for you
Koper Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 9:06:08 PM
Yes it's part of a C++ solution which is open. I don't know what to tell you it happens on my machine :/

For example this is what happens if I type log (and then if I type '.' it would be automatically corrected to Log, but it's not only a problem with case correction, it wrongly auto-completes stuff with C++ code): http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5084/vaxv.jpg

ALL the functions and variables listed are from C++ code.

Version is 1727

EDIT: Just to clarify what I mean by "it's not only a case correction issue", as you saw in the screenshot I have a global C++ variable called "LoadingScreensCache".

Let's say that I want to call an hypothetical loading.done() function in JS.. I start typing "loading" and the VA dropdown menu suggests me "LoadingScreensCache" (among others)... I ignore it and press '.' and then VA replaces my "loading." with "LoadingScreensCache."

Since it's a huge project with a lot of structs, variables, classes and whatnot.. You can imagine how annoying it is :( Now that I disabled it for .js files I'm happy and it's good enough for me.
feline Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 5:56:17 PM
Based on a quick test I am not seeing this problem with a .js file. It is part of a solution that also contains C++, VB and C# code. Based on your description I have added this to a cpp file in my solution:

void Log(std::string strLogThis)
{
}

and this to my .js file:

function simpleListboxTest()
{
	var localTest;
	localTest;
	|
}

when I start typing "log" in C++ I see this:

So VA certainly knows about this function. But when I type in the .js file I see this:

and I am not seeing any case correction effects, even though case correction is turned on.

Is your .js file part of a solution? Do you even have a solution currently open?
Koper Posted - Jul 18 2009 : 6:04:45 PM
Thanks.. And no it's not only related to case repairing, it thinks that I'm writing C++ code. The suggestions and auto-corrections I get are exactly the same I would get if I was editing a .cpp file..

Isn't this a bug? The homepage says JavaScript is supported
sean Posted - Jul 17 2009 : 11:24:50 PM
In the VA Options dialog, go to Projects | File Handling. Add ".js;" to the "Extensions to ignore" list. Alternatively, if the problem is strictly related to bad 'case correction' , then you can disable that feature on the Advanced | Corrections page of the VA Options dialog ("Repair case").

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000