Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How to scroll through overloaded C++ methods?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John Dexter Posted - Nov 18 2010 : 12:52:09 PM
VC++ had quite good autocomplete for methods, including pressing up/down to toggle through multiple overloads.

But the VA version, though nicer, isn't showing me there are multiple overloads and I don't know how to pick the one I want.

e.g I type:
setParameter(
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Nov 19 2010 : 03:51:59 AM
No, the known bug I had mentioned is when both the declaration and the body is in the cpp file for C++ methods or there is no declaration of a C function. It seems you have a different problem. Can you please post here or send us a code snippet, where it happens? In case you don't want to post it here, you can send it us via this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please paste the URL of this topic to the description field so we can match it up.
John Dexter Posted - Nov 18 2010 : 4:11:42 PM
By declared, do you mean putting the actual method body in the .h (like a Java class)? I've got method signature in .h and method body in the .cpp like normal C++... if that's the case it doesn't work this seems a fairly serious issue considering how long VA has been around :) Don't suppose you can selectively control which VA features are enabled?
accord Posted - Nov 18 2010 : 2:32:17 PM
Visual Assist also supports this function, but unfortunately there is a know issue with this feature: methods/functions declared in the source file does not show up, but it will work when the methods/functions are declared in the header file:

case=495

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000