Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Code preview pane in Find References Result

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ahkow Posted - May 13 2012 : 12:06:48 PM
Currently the Find References Results only show code preview in tooltip when hovering with mouse.

I would like to suggest to open an optional code preview pane at the bottom, and changes the view when navigating result with arrow keys, just like ReSharper did:

If that is not possible, at least let keyboard guy like me to press something to view the tooltip.

Thank you very much.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 21 2012 : 12:46:27 PM
I have put in two feature requests here, firstly for keyboard access to the tooltip, which is a simple but less complete solution:

case=66809

And a second request for a preview window, which is obviously a bigger change, but an interesting one:

case=66810
ahkow Posted - May 16 2012 : 09:50:05 AM
Thanks :) Well, a keyboard shortcut is better than nothing, but a separate window is much much better for code hunting.

Regarding syntax highlighting, the existing tooltip already have syntax highlighting, IMHO, just dump the tooltip content to a separate window :)
feline Posted - May 15 2012 : 10:53:55 PM
This is a very good point. Would keyboard access to the tooltip work well enough to be useful for you? I realise this would probably be slower than this preview window, but if you only want to see the preview for the occasional result then this might work well.

We are not trying to replicate the editor with all of the syntax highlighting in the Find References Results window after all.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000