Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA data files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 21 2006 : 08:00:57 AM
As long as I understand there is no legal way to change paths for VA data files. May be its time to put them to user's profile? Normally I don't work with administrative rights and I have to setup security settins for VA working files and folders after each reinstallation of new VA build. It isn't nice to use Program Files as data folder, is it? ;)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 26 2006 : 12:56:38 PM
now and then checking the glossary http://www.wholetomato.com/support/glossary.html will help, since this should give you the official name of a feature or effect, which you can then search for.

it does not always help, but any help at all is good
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 24 2006 : 11:52:34 AM
I know it too. But this kind of knowledge does not make it easeir to guess what someone else called something :).
feline Posted - Jun 24 2006 : 08:17:40 AM
the trick with searching the forum is knowing what someone else called it, which is not always that easy. i know from my own experience
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 24 2006 : 06:37:02 AM
Of course I've done some search on the forum but it was not successfull :).
feline Posted - Jun 24 2006 : 06:29:56 AM
most bugs or feature requests are mentioned somewhere on the forum, often more than once it is often worth doing a quick search to see if you can find any relevant threads.
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 22 2006 : 4:22:53 PM
I see. Thanks.
rhummer Posted - Jun 22 2006 : 4:21:00 PM
There is no public list of the todo list, its in our bug tracker.
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 22 2006 : 2:42:52 PM
Good news :). Would you give me a hint of where I can view the list of things to fix? It would allow me to avoid unnecessary questions.
feline Posted - Jun 22 2006 : 2:15:47 PM
this is on our list of things to fix

case=169
Serg Inc. Posted - Jun 21 2006 : 09:39:06 AM
Installing application to profile? Don't like it at all :). I don't insist on using profile for data files - just give me an option where I can chose the folder. I would be happy :)
bugfix Posted - Jun 21 2006 : 09:23:56 AM
While you certainly have a point here, personally I don't like getting my profile polluted w/ huge data files.
As a workaround why dont you simply install VAX to your profile dir or a special "all user have access here" dir ?:)

-bugfix

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000