Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Unique shortcut keys in Refactor context menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peterchen Posted - Nov 10 2006 : 09:24:16 AM
Using the refactoring via keyboard is now very easy. (Did I already say thank you thank you thank you? :D )

Still a problem: Duplicate accelerator keys, e.g. "&Rename" and "Find &References"

This prevents me from simply using e.g. [Alt-S] [R] (alt-s being the context menu shortcut). Most commands work this way, but for these two it's [Alt-S] [R] [ENTER] / [Alt-S] [R] [R] [ENTER].

And if I happen to have a context menu with only on "R" command, both are dangerous due to the extra Enter.

I don't care about which accelerators, as long as they are unique for all refactor operations.

pretty please?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Nov 24 2006 : 9:25:48 PM
Case 3573 fixed in build 1541.
feline Posted - Nov 11 2006 : 10:00:58 AM
To be honest I think you are right I have had it appear, or not appear, on different days on the same machine with the same solution *sigh*

Once I figured out what was causing the problems I hid it, and I have never looked back.
peterchen Posted - Nov 11 2006 : 09:59:34 AM
>> or what makes it appear
the power of rand() maybe ?

feline Posted - Nov 11 2006 : 09:30:08 AM
In VS2005 if you customise the IDE you can move the Data menu, I have placed it under the Tools menu, and suddenly there is no conflict

I still have no idea what the Data menu is for, or what makes it appear. Some times it is there and some times it is not.

I see what you mean now, I was looking at a different menu. Changing &Rename to Re&name will fix this without clashing with anything else.

case=3573
peterchen Posted - Nov 10 2006 : 6:30:48 PM
I am using the Context menu (I assigned Alt-S to the command that opens it). I see this under both VC6 and VS2005 (C# project), VAX 1540.

I see the same as you describe in the VAssitX menu, where it isn't a problem. But the contexct menu uses different hotkeys.

If you click on the arrow, you can't see the hotkeys, but pressing [R] will just switch between the Find Reference and Rename command, whereas pressing e.g. [S] will immediately execute the command.

BTW. There is something similar with the V&AssistX entry in the main menu (VS2005): it conflicts with the D&ata menu. But that's not as much of an issue (atl least for me), and probably impossible to get right with all the dynamic menus and the different languages - but VAssist&X might be a safe bet :)
feline Posted - Nov 10 2006 : 12:17:40 PM
Have you customised your VAssistX menu? For me I have the menu options:

V&AssistX -> Fin&d References...
V&AssistX -> &Refactor -> &Rename...

so no duplicates. I made a point of finding duplicates and asking for them to be removed a while ago, since I also like my keyboard access

Also it is Alt-a for me to open the VAssistX menu, not Alt-s.

Which IDE are you using? If you are using VC6 then you will have had to add this menu manually.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000