Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Delete indentation spaces with baqckspace?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ingenious Posted - Oct 15 2007 : 1:12:56 PM
Hi,

I am working on a project for which many people (Linux fans) insisted to indent code with spaces instead of tabs. I am used to tabs in my Visual Studio and now that I've switched to spaces I miss deleting indentation with the backspace - when tab indentation is set, a single stoke on backspace deletes the tab character and thus one level of indentation, but when indenting with spaces the VS2005 editor deletes only a single space character at a time (for unindenting Shift+Tab still works, but it's not that always convenient for me).

Strangely enough, the VS macro editor does exactly what I want - when there are 4 spaces (or whatever the space indentation setting is) behind the cursor, hitting the backspace deletes them all, while if there are 3 or less, it deletes them one space character at a time. I cannot set such behavior in the VS editor.

Would it be possible to hack such behavior as an option in VAssist?

Thanks in advance!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 17 2007 : 08:48:18 AM
You might be better off leaving the IDE in tab mode, and binding a keyboard shortcut to the command [COLOR=blue]Edit.ConvertSpacesToTabs[/COLOR], the best of both worlds

Or consider running your source code through http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcgreatcode/

We are trying to avoid getting into the whole question of code formatting, which this is verges on.

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W147
ingenious Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 06:23:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by znakeeye

You can try out the well-known Ctrl+Backspace combination. Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's at least a start :)

Unfortunately Ctrl+Backspace deletes all white characters, no matter the indentation level...
znakeeye Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 03:04:11 AM
You can try out the well-known Ctrl+Backspace combination. Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's at least a start :)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000