Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 List methods in file -> List methods in class

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 06 2008 : 6:58:12 PM
Hi,

I've just discovered a pretty crucial discrepancy between List methods in file toolbar implementation and standard VS 2008 behavior. VS lists all methods in class rather then in file and I think VA should provide this option too.

If I want to jump to method do I really have to remember whether it is inline or not, and it is frustrating to have to look in both header and body.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 09 2008 : 06:52:36 AM
Why don't you use the VS2008 toolbar then? You can have both the IDE's toolbar and VA's context and definition fields showing and active at the same time.

VA is designed to complement and extend the IDE, not replace every existing IDE feature
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 07 2008 : 11:31:20 AM
Well, my main point is that "List methods in File" bares much visual similarity with a toolbar in VS 2008 which shows methods in class, not in file. I kind of like the VS approach better. Using VA View for the task I have in mind seems like too much a distruction.
feline Posted - Oct 07 2008 : 07:24:06 AM
The VA alt-m list is called "List Methods in File"

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/methods.asp

To see all members in a class show VA View and use the bottom half, the HCB:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/hcb.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000