Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Can Assist X become more customized?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
baei1024 Posted - Dec 10 2008 : 10:40:08 AM
Auto sense and auto fill are the two functions I love the most, these save a lot of spelling work and reduce mistakes from happening. But there is some kind of file in Visual Studio is beyond Assist X reach, it cannot sense the type and build-in function in shader script for instance. (DirectX dev, I solved auto fill problem.)
Even can Assist X support NAnt building script by a user defined file? Just like what they did in NotePad ++.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 19 2008 : 11:27:50 AM
I do not understand the problem. Can you explain the problem you are seeing?

What file extension are you seeing this problem in?
baei1024 Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 10:59:55 AM
Thanks for you reply.
I tried the method you provide in that link, I only turned on part of the function. Visual studio detects a small portion of key word and build in function originally, how can make Assist X detects all of them? (I have included all the related .h files in Visual Studio setting as I can.)
baei1024 Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 10:58:49 AM
Thanks for you reply.
I tried the method you provide in that link, I only turned on part of the function. Visual studio detects a small portion of key word and build in function originally, how can make Assist X detects all of them? (I have included all the related .h files in Visual Studio setting as I can.)
feline Posted - Dec 15 2008 : 7:07:03 PM
Are you asking for VA to support different languages?

Currently we do not have any plans to support extra languages. I suspect that NotePad++ simply offers syntax highlighting for these NAnt files. This is a common feature in text editors, since you can often define the syntax highlighting rules with a fairly simple script file.

Adding support to a new language to VA's parser is a much more complex and involved task.

If these DirextX shader files look like standard C++ code then you could simply tell the IDE and VA that they were C++ code as described here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000