Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Find References improvements

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nobodo Posted - Sep 25 2009 : 2:36:37 PM
Below is an image of 'Find References' in Resharper. Here are a few things I REALLY like about it that would be wonderful in VA's 'Find References'
  • The separation of what you are searching for from references found makes the display much less confusing.
  • For C# at least, the (configurable) ability to display search results organized by meaningful groupings like "namespace/class/method" really makes the results a LOT more meaningful than groupings like "full path to project/full path to file/method".
  • The option to (displayed separately) show textual occurrences can really help to locate comments about usage of a method.
  • This one's a biggee: each new search automatically opens a new tab in the search display instead of replacing the previous find.

Thanks!
Mark.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 04 2009 : 4:39:11 PM
I like your idea, and have put in an improvement request for this to see what the developers make of it:

case=33200
Nobodo Posted - Oct 02 2009 : 12:22:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

I like these ideas and put in a feature request to see what the developers make of it:

case=32696

About your last idea: are you aware you can clone find references windows by clicking on the last icon?

Thank you, that is great!

I never found 'clone find references' to be useful. I always use Visual Studio spanned completely across 2 monitors, with 4 separate zones of docked windows. I always use 'find references' as a docked window in one of those zones. When I 'clone find references' it creates a new popup (floating) window that I then have to dock at one of the 4 zones for it to be useful. That makes at least two docked VA find references windows instead of one that has a tab for each search. If you take a look at the image above, the tab that has 'Usages of 'Register(...)' on it is a tab within the Resharper 'Find References' window itself -- if I do a new find, it will create a new tab.

Thanks,
Mark.
accord Posted - Sep 25 2009 : 4:58:00 PM
I like these ideas and put in a feature request to see what the developers make of it:

case=32696

About your last idea: are you aware you can clone find references windows by clicking on the last icon?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000