All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GregDude Posted - Sep 01 2010 : 04:13:03 AM
I've been using VAX for a short time now and have this feedback relating to highlighting of matching brackets / braces:
1) With this feature enabled there is a regular small delay while moving the cursor around. I navigate using arrows + control key mostly and the response feels laggy.
2) I cannot easily see the flashing cursor when it is beside a highlighted bracket. VAX Options allows some color configuration but not a lot. We might need foreground and background color options. I use a dark background for text editing and would like to highlight brackets by foreground color, not background block.

System:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
6GB RAM
Intel 4x 2.8ghz
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GregDude Posted - Sep 02 2010 : 11:48:06 PM
Thanks feline, I did not realize VAX had (font and color) options inside the existing IDE dialogs as well as its own dialog.
feline Posted - Sep 01 2010 : 10:49:39 AM
VA does not attempt to highlight the matching brackets until you pause the cursor, since if you are rapidly scrolling through the code it is likely to be a distraction. Plus we need a few moments to determine which brackets to highlight.

If you are using VS2003 or above, and a recent version of VA, have a look in the IDE Fonts and Colors options, where you can set both the foreground and background color for "VA X Brace Matching" and "VA X Brace Error", so you can select a colour scheme that shows up well for you.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000