Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 "Do not parse files" doesn't do anything

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mark99 Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 09:21:20 AM
I have checked "Do not parse files excluded by .vscode\settings.json" option.

settings.json looks like this:

{
    "C_Cpp.default.compileCommands": "${workspaceFolder}/out/build/${command:cmake.activeBuildPresetName}/compile_commands.json",
    "evenBetterToml.taplo.configFile.path": ".vscode/taplo.toml",
    "files.exclude": {
        "**/out": true,
        "**/vcpkg/downloads": true,
        "**/vcpkg/packages ": true
    }
}

However VA goes ahead and parses these directories anyway, you can see it traversing those dirs in the taskbar on a symbol rebuild, plus I see ~15 definitions of everything in the various packages due to the multiple copies (which is one of the problems I'm ultimately trying to solve).

Is this feature not functioning correctly or am I mis-using it somehow? Thx.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 17 2023 : 06:52:26 AM
Thank you for the update, I am glad this has worked for you. It worked here, but I didn't want to assume that you had posted your full settings.json file, so I was half prepared to learn that this hadn't actually worked

I have put in the bug report for the space not being handled.
mark99 Posted - Feb 16 2023 : 09:41:55 AM
That does seem to have helped - odd that it caused all filter lines to fail and not just that 1 entry.
I still see `out` being touched in the "VA: Parsing..." status bar, however I'm now getting unambiguous symbols in the database, so seems to have worked - thanks :)
feline Posted - Feb 15 2023 : 12:42:04 PM
case=144472
feline Posted - Feb 15 2023 : 10:41:35 AM
Apologies for the slow reply. On the last filter line in your file, can you remove the space after "packages" and before the closing double quote. This fixes the problem, after an IDE restart, for me, with your settings.json file.

I don't know if the space there matters, but it is tripping up our exclude filtering. With this space present, none of the matching directories are being excluded in my tests.
mark99 Posted - Feb 10 2023 : 07:52:47 AM

VA_X64.dll file version 10.9.2476.0 built 2023.01.19
DevEnv.exe version 17.4.33213.308 Professional
msenv.dll version 17.0.33213.231
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.19041.1110
Windows 10 10.0 21H2 Build 19044.1288 
8 processors (x86-64)
Language info: 1252, 0x809
Platform: Win32

Yes it's a cmake project rather than .sln.
feline Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 12:44:44 PM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using? Assuming you are opening a folder, and not a solution, this is supposed to work. I am running some tests here now.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000