Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Auto complete navigation issue

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Josai Posted - May 29 2020 : 08:55:46 AM
I have the problem, that always if I have Visual assist on, when I want through the dropdown of the auto complete context I navigate through the text editor too, when I use the arrow keys.
So if I confirm my auto completion I always am in another row and really annoying things happen like the auto completion will get pasted into another function call or smth like this.
I didn't find any solution of this in the options maybe someone can help me with this really quick? I guess it's just an option I have to turn on or off.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 29 2020 : 12:06:15 PM
No, you shouldn't have to. Various of our users have ReSharper installed as well, and don't report this problem.

Can you please go to a new, blank line in a cpp file and then type "if". Assuming you have VA Snippets enabled you should get a listbox with 4 items. The bottom three will be VA snippets. When you highlight one of these entries in the listbox the tooltip for this listbox item will tell you that it is a VA Snippet entry, and will offer you the option to edit the snippet.

Do you get the same problem when moving up and down this listbox with the keyboard? I am trying to find out if this applies to all listboxes, or only some types of listboxes.
Josai Posted - May 29 2020 : 12:00:18 PM
No I don't have any other extension enabled but installed. I have resharper installed but don't use so I disabled it. Do I need to uninstall it?
feline Posted - May 29 2020 : 11:53:21 AM
Which IDE and programming language are you using?

Do you have any other extensions installed that could somehow be a factor?
Josai Posted - May 29 2020 : 10:26:37 AM
I disabled the incredibuild extension I used but this didn't change anything of the behavior. I'm on version 2366.
feline Posted - May 29 2020 : 10:20:08 AM
Do you happen to have IncrediBuild installed on your system? This sounds a lot like a known interaction bug between Visual Assist and older versions of IncrediBuild. We have added a check to the current version of VA to warn you if you are in this situation:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W880

but if you are not yet using VA 2375 you won't get the warning.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000