Technical Support
 Auto complete navigation issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Josai

3 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the problem, that always if I have Visual assist on, when I want through the dropdown of the auto complete context I navigate through the text editor too, when I use the arrow keys.
So if I confirm my auto completion I always am in another row and really annoying things happen like the auto completion will get pasted into another function call or smth like this.
I didn't find any solution of this in the options maybe someone can help me with this really quick? I guess it's just an option I have to turn on or off.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  10:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you happen to have IncrediBuild installed on your system? This sounds a lot like a known interaction bug between Visual Assist and older versions of IncrediBuild. We have added a check to the current version of VA to warn you if you are in this situation:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W880

but if you are not yet using VA 2375 you won't get the warning.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Josai

3 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  10:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disabled the incredibuild extension I used but this didn't change anything of the behavior. I'm on version 2366.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  11:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which IDE and programming language are you using?

Do you have any other extensions installed that could somehow be a factor?

Go to Top of Page

Josai

3 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  12:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't have any other extension enabled but installed. I have resharper installed but don't use so I disabled it. Do I need to uninstall it?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  12:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, you shouldn't have to. Various of our users have ReSharper installed as well, and don't report this problem.

Can you please go to a new, blank line in a cpp file and then type "if". Assuming you have VA Snippets enabled you should get a listbox with 4 items. The bottom three will be VA snippets. When you highlight one of these entries in the listbox the tooltip for this listbox item will tell you that it is a VA Snippet entry, and will offer you the option to edit the snippet.

Do you get the same problem when moving up and down this listbox with the keyboard? I am trying to find out if this applies to all listboxes, or only some types of listboxes.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000