New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2003 :  1:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Normally, I put each class in its own file, like all right-thinking C++ programmers. At the moment, though, I'm developing some new classes, and for convenience, I've put three classes in the same H and CPP files.

This seems to confuse VAX a lot regarding the "topmost" class (appears first in the H and CPP files). The syntax coloring doesn't work of that class's methods and members; the methods and members are often re-underlined; the HCB doesn't work; the "method" listboxes either don't pop or are incomplete; the tooltips don't pop; etc. The normal re-parsing and rebuilding pallatives have no effect.

It's so bad I thought 1208 was totally broken; then I realized it only happens in this one file I'm spending all day in lately...

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2003 :  5:47:19 PM  Show Profile
This problem is critical. We must have broken our parser.

Do you mind sending us your header, or a similar one to reproduce the problem? Send via email.

We agree not to use your code for anything but debugging.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2003 :  10:12:47 AM  Show Profile
I sent it to [email protected] - the subject is "VAXLL0 - Multiple classes per file bug". You must also agree not to poke fun at my code...
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2003 :  11:56:04 AM  Show Profile
An update: It may not be having multiple classes in the same file that's causing this bug.

I had a contructor and destructor defined in the H file instead of in the CPP file, just for convenience. As soon as I moved their bodies into the CPP file (as all right-thinking programmers do), the bug seems to have disappeared.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000