New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2003 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile
As requested, here's my list of the Top Ten most desired bug fixes, in no particular order, and with their WT forum's topic_id. (Since you won't give us access to your bug database (sniff), I've numbered them according to my own highly proprietary scheme.)

Also, I apologize for the format, but I thought this would be easier to cut and paste.

VAXLL# TOPIC_ID= Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 973 The contents of the HCB keep disappearing as I move my mouse. Okay, I understand that, as I hover over different symbols, the corresponding info appears in the HCB. However, it makes no sense to replace the current contents of the HCB with nothing, for two reasons. First, it flashes like a son-of-a-gun, which is distracting. Second, although you (WT) might think of the data in the NCB as "stale", I (the developer) might not - I very likely still want to see that info. At any rate, even stale info is of more value than no info.

5 973 When I search for the text "addr", and it stops on the line: <TAB><TAB> "address1, " , it highlights "addr" correctly. However, the last char on the line (a double-quote) is shifted to the left one character: it overwrites the space that should appear before it. For even more fun, when it stops on the line: // No address2, delete the row from the template. , it shifts every char after a space one char to the left. That is, the above comment line looks like: // No address2,deletetherowfromthetemplate. (Since I have the "View Whitespace" toggle on, I can see that the spaces are still there.)

7 975 Unnamed bookmarks still don't work correctly!

12 958 The new "Open File in Workspace" dialog is an improvement, but you've simply *got* to make it multiple-selection. Having it be single selection is quite disheartening when I can see the eight files I want to open, but VAX makes me open them one-at-a-time.

17 982 AutoText doesn't delete.

22 996 I've had to turn that "convert dot to arrow" feature off, because I had to type in some code for OLE Automation of Excel.

30 1038 Normally, I put each class in its own file, like all right-thinking C++ programmers. At the moment, though, I'm developing some new classes, and for convenience, I've put three classes in the same H and CPP files. This seems to confuse VAX a lot regarding the "topmost" class (appears first in the H and CPP files). The syntax coloring doesn't work of that class's methods and members; the methods and members are often re-underlined; the HCB doesn't work; the "method" listboxes either don't pop or are incomplete; the tooltips don't pop; etc. The normal re-parsing and rebuilding pallatives have no effect.
[/code]

Okay, so I could only come up with seven...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000