New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John_H_Bergman
Tomato Guru

USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile

I'd like to see an option where the toolbar doesn't come a go. That is, when I have no files open, the toolbar is missing. I don't like that because when it comes back, sometimes Visual Studio 2003 is kind enough to re-arrange my other toolbars for me.

John H. Bergman
CTO
SiliconZone

[email protected]

To Send email, remove the .online.

Darren
Tomato Guru

USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  1:08:32 PM  Show Profile
I believe this is a feature of Visual Studio. Here's how I accomodate this VS feature. VS.Net remembers settings with files open & closed. So when nothing is loaded I arrange my toolbars the way I like. When files are loaded I arrange the toolbars the way I like. For instance, in both views (files loaded/no files loaded) I enable my text editor toolbar and va toolbar that way no matter if a file is loaded or not both those toolbars are docked where I originally specified. All Visual Studio toolbars and docking windows work this way.

Now if I've misunderstood you and you're requesting a new VA feature to override this known VS.Net functionality, then that's different.
Go to Top of Page

John_H_Bergman
Tomato Guru

USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2004 :  12:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps, however, I have noticed that my toolbar layout gets rearranged quite frequently though... even after placing them for both layouts. This usually happens when I first open visual studio; or sometimes after a debugging session.

quote:
Originally posted by Darren

I believe this is a feature of Visual Studio. Here's how I accomodate this VS feature. VS.Net remembers settings with files open & closed. So when nothing is loaded I arrange my toolbars the way I like. When files are loaded I arrange the toolbars the way I like. For instance, in both views (files loaded/no files loaded) I enable my text editor toolbar and va toolbar that way no matter if a file is loaded or not both those toolbars are docked where I originally specified. All Visual Studio toolbars and docking windows work this way.

Now if I've misunderstood you and you're requesting a new VA feature to override this known VS.Net functionality, then that's different.

John H. Bergman
CTO
SiliconZone

[email protected]

To Send email, remove the .online.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000