Few Visual Assist X bugs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lava1515
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2004 :  12:56:24 PM  Show Profile
1. When I have a project open, I have the 4 tabs in the workspace window. Class View, Resource View, File View, and VA View. The problem is the Class View and VA View are the only ones with anything in them. The other two are just gray like the controls are gone.

2. It would be nice to have more path information in the Workspace files list. We use a workspace with many projects. Some of the projects have files with the same name. It would be nice if the list would show some path or allow auto completion with path information.

3. I can not cancel out of the Files in Workspace or Symbols in workspace. It always opens a file. I am using the mouse.

4. The Symbols in Workspace list all the String Resource IDs as numbers. I don't think this is very usefully and just creates a huge waste in the list.

5. The Symbols in Workspace update when typing. As I type the symbol it thinks I want does not have anything to do with what I type. I type 'CMa' and get a symbol that starts with 'CFr' whats up with that. I can also type in a exact match for a symbol it is not even close to the top of the list. It looks like you are doing a match anyplace in the string. Can you put an option in to only match from the start. I find the current system almost unusable.

6. The Context menu on the source window goes away and selects an item as soon as I release the mouse. This only happens on some of the source files. Others it works like it should as a normal drop down list.

7. The suggestions list box is not giving me files after I type #include "

I like the new features in VAX I hope some of the bug get resolved soon. I think I am going to switch back to VA6.0 for now.

My config snapshot
VA_X.dll file version 10.0.1214.0
Licensed to:
MSDev.exe version 6.0.8168.2
Devshl.dll version 6.0.8798.0
Devedit.pkg version 6.0.8447.0
Font: Courier -13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
4 processors
Platform: Win32 (x86)

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2004 :  2:46:53 PM  Show Profile
1. Do you have a non-US English version of VC++? If your Workspace is floating, does the problem exist if you dock it? Do the grayed controls reappear correctly if you flip between tabs?

2. We assume you refer to our "Files in Workspace" (FIW) dropdown. If you hover over an entry you see its full pathname. (We intend to sort the FIW list in the near future.)

3. Known bug. Click in a source window or press ESC to cancel.

4. We have plans to be smarter with string resource IDs in this instance.

5. To be fixed in build 1215.

6. We assume you refer to the "List of methods in current file" available in the dropdown to the right of our Context field. If you click and drag from the dropdown, releasing will select. If you click and release at the dropdown icon, you can move and click to open an entry.

7. To be fixed in 1215.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Valyk

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2004 :  08:31:50 AM  Show Profile
1. This bug looks similar to the one I'm describing in this topic :
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1316

This may be due to the fact that we're using multi-CPU computers. I have a dual-CPU computer and lava1515 has a four-CPU computer.

In my case, the bug occurs when the Workspace is floating or docked.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2004 :  8:44:36 PM  Show Profile
#3, #5 and #7 are fixed in build 1215.

Edited by - support on Feb 02 2004 8:46:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  12:17:50 PM  Show Profile
#2 updated in build 1216. FIW is sorted.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000