New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2003 :  6:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi

There's something funny with the directories options still. I'm looking at Stable includes for all this:

I start VS.NET and look in Assist|Options at the C/C++ directories. They are correct. Then I change platform to 'Xbox'. Now they have gone all funny:

d:\\prg\\dotnet\\common7\\ide\\$(VCInstallDir)include

(and so on)

Change platform to 'Win32' again, and they don't change back to their correct values. Click 'OK'. "You must restart the IDE blah blah" -- so I do.

Now the Win32 header directories are back. VAX finds them, too.

However, if I set VAX to 'Xbox' platform, notice the whacked header paths, when I restart the directories list is empty. Xbox projects then don't pick up any system includes at all.

Change back to Win32, and the directories list remains empty. Click OK ("you must restart"), restart, and they are back, and seemingly correct.

What must I do for my Xbox projects? At work (VA.NET) I just added the Xbox includes as the first set for the Win32 platform and live with having a few wrong headers when I'm programming windows. But on VAX I can't edit the stable headers.

Nor can I add them to 'Other include files' -- VAX won't let me. That's no good anyway, because I want them first, so that the Xbox headers take priority. Even if I could add to 'other include files', I'd have to add the Win32 paths to the Xbox platform, which I don't want to do there's only one Xbox include directory, but Win32 seems to have 5 or 6.

The VAX platform thing is wierd anyway! Can VAX not autodetect the platform for the current solution? And what if I want to edit Xbox and Win32 projects simultaneously? Will changing platform and reloading in one affect the other VS.NET instance?

Other than this, VAX is looking pretty cool :)

--Tom

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2004 :  7:05:32 PM  Show Profile
The strange appearance is still in 1210. I will play with it when I have more time.

Some more documentation on the platform system would be useful. Well, for me at least! I could never get it to work with the Xbox in VC6 or VS.NET either.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2004 :  4:51:00 PM  Show Profile
In VAX, it "should" pull the correct paths for each of the platforms, hoping to make the need to modify the paths unnessasary.

However, it appears VAX is having problems getting the correct path for your XBox platform.

Mind using RegEdit to export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X" to a (Win9x/NT4 .reg) file and sending to [email protected]?

Thanks,
-Support

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  12:17:13 PM  Show Profile
Build 1216 recognizes entries in "Other include files" when Platform is "Custom."

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000