New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2004 :  11:16:47 AM  Show Profile
I still see the error reported ages ago where a modification, or sometimes even opening the corresponding h/cpp file, creates duplicates in the HCB.

I was looking at one class which strangely showed all functions which had comments in definition in the .h file with the comment twice. The option "Display comments from source files" was not enabled, the functions did not have comments in the implementation, only in the definition. To be more specific: comments preceding the definition.

As soon as I opened the .cpp file to verify if there where comments or not, the HCB showed all symbols double.

What might be an factor in this weirdness is that I have multiple projects in my workspace which share the same file in different folders. The files ARE the same since they come straight out of the source control.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  12:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Duplicate entries removed from HCB in build 1216.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  1:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Not fixed. Still here.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  3:25:20 PM  Show Profile
This actually seems to be worse now. I have here one class showing up in the HCB with 42 copies of both constructors. Funny though that only the constructory are multiple, all other functions/members are shown once.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  12:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, with 1220 I still can repro duplicate items in the HCB. At least in workspaces where the same file exists more than once.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 05 2004 :  9:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Now, 18 builds later I still have the very same problem of duplicates (triplicates(?) sometimes) in the HCB. Any chance that this will be fixed? Its annoying, especially for classes with lots of members. Makes the list rather long and unhandy.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 07 2004 :  12:36:07 PM  Show Profile
We have yet to find a small, reproducable test case. We will try again.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 07 2004 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Create a workspace with multiple projectes and add the same files in different projects. Do this by copying the files into the project folder. Also add include files which are shared through a include path.
I also have a few files which are, for some projects, both in the include path AND in the project folder. These files have minor differences. But the effect is not limited to these files.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000