Technical Support
 VA View
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EnderJSC

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  4:26:56 PM  Show Profile
I can't say that I use the VA View much, but now that it is visible, I'm stuck with it there. It has serious issues on my system. First everytime I reboot my machine and start VS.Net 2003 VA view appears as a black division at the top of my main view that I can't move, or close. I can only adjust the size. To solve this I can select Disable Visual Assist X from the menu, and restart Devstudio. However, this only works if I load a solution. Anyway, after I restart devstudio the VA view is now a really thin bar at the top of my main view that I can move, and dock with other toolbars. So I do , and eventually I can get it in a proper state, BUT if I restart devstudio it returns to that location. Also, I tried unistalling VA X, and VA View appears to still exist even after it is uninstalled, and this causes instability in dev studio. Anyway, is there any help for me?

EnderJSC

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  6:21:40 PM  Show Profile
What build of VA X do you have?

Is your VA View floating or docked? Tabbed?

Can you send a zipped screen shot of your desktop to [email protected]?

Since the VA View existed after uninstall of VA X, the uninstall was not successful. You should expect instability. Try reinstalling -- you need this in any regard to get the screen shot.

By design, we leave VA View open after you close a solution. We do this so you have quick access to files within the solution.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

EnderJSC

8 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2004 :  11:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for the delay, I will attempt to get you a few screen shots when I get back to my computer at the office. My current build of VAX is 1216, but the problems began in 1215. I do have a few simple questions though.
First: like I said, once VA View is visible I'm stuck with it. The option in the menu can only show it. My question is how do I hide it?
Second: I mentioned selecting the Disable Visual Assist X from the menu and restarting. When I restart Visual Assist X is enable again. My question is shouldn't that setting persist across application startups?
Third: Does anyone else have issues with the VA View?
I'm quit aware that my system may be an anomaly, but I don't really know why. Thanks for your help.

EnderJSC
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2004 :  11:40:02 PM  Show Profile
Install VA X build 1218 before you do more testing.

Fix a wacky window layout with the "Reset Window Layout" button in Tools|Options|Environment|General. The button exists in the IDE because the IDE itself gets confused.

To get rid of the VA View, press the X at the top right of its window.

The "Enable/Disable" feature of VA X does not persist across instances of VS.NET. The toggle is meant to be temporary.

Go to Top of Page

EnderJSC

8 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile
I've done some more testing, and the problems appear to arise when the VA View toolbar is tabbed with other toolbar windows.
I've made some quick screenshots, but they are large. How would you want me to get them to you?

EnderJSC
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2004 :  7:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Zip and send to [email protected]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly