New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Old as dirt
Tomato Guru

USA
246 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  11:20:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, not really the editor, but I would like for you to add something like the caretPosChar: for a backspaceChar: that would cause a backspace to be inserted (removed?) so that when I wanted to add an autotext function that should start at the indent of the previous level you could do it.
An example is if I am inside an
if() {
}
and there is already some code in there and I want an autotext that would expand to
} else if() {
I would want the } to be at the same indent as the if, but it is indented the same as the code inside the braces.

Ken

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2004 :  12:27:15 PM  Show Profile
We believe what you really want is "automatic format after insert of Autotext under special circumstances." Cool, but tricky to get right.

As a workaround, create an Autotext entry called }} and make its value:
} else if (|) {

where | is the caretPosChar. When you type the first }, the IDE left indents one tab. Pressing the second } causes VA X to display your Autotext. Press Tab or Return to accept (depending on your settings.)

We tried naming an entry }e but got some strange behavior. The IDE left indents but VA X sometimes suggests "else" when you type 'e'. We assume VA X does not consider consistently the two characters to be a single token.

Try a few things. Abandon the effort if you get frustrated.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Old as dirt
Tomato Guru

USA
246 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  11:37:10 AM  Show Profile
I have done the workaround with the }} and then had to put a tab before the first } in order to get it to line up right.
I don't want the suggestion for a backspace character to get lost.

Ken
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000