Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Can we uninstall the VA.Net version already?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  03:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello Whole Tomato team,

A long while ago, the Whole Tomato team let us know that we shouldn't uninstall the VA.Net (or VA 6) version yet when installing VA X. Is this still the case? Or can I uninstall the VA.Net now (and still use VA X of course)?

In the help-box of Visual Studio, I have two entries of Visual Assist X. One presents a tomato-icon and another presents a standard character. I know it's something that is discussed (many times) before. But how can I get rid of this standard character since I don't know from which version it is? And do I have to uninstall the current VA X version first and then install and uninstall an old version or can I install the old version over the current one? And could you please provide an old version, since I don't have it anymore?

Thanks you kindly for helping me out.
And thanks for making VA (X) such a fine tool.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  11:04:27 AM  Show Profile
You are welcome to remove VA.NET 7.1 and/or VA 6.0. Use your Add/Remove Programs CP.

As for two entries in Help|About.... Hmm... If you really want to get rid of a superfluous entry, start by uninstalling VA X. Restart the IDE and confirm one entry remains. If so, it is probably from an old install. (We have since learned VSIP requires a DLL to remove certain IDE items it creates -- a subsequent DLL cannot necessarily do it.)

Download build 1204 and 1208. For each, install and uninstall. No need to start the IDE.

After uninstall of the old builds, start the IDE. Check for unwanted entries in Help|About. If we are lucky, you have none. If you still have one, we forget about the problem or you reinstall the IDE. We prefer some luck.

http://www.wholetomato.com/x/downloads/VA_X_Setup1204.exe
http://www.wholetomato.com/x/downloads/VA_X_Setup1208.exe

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000