Parameter completion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dgehri

Switzerland
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2004 :  03:34:13 AM  Show Profile
I'm using VA.X and it still has problems filling in the parameter list in function definitions based on the declaration. If I have a class declaration, and then write its implementation, it would be a real time saver if parameter types, names and default values would be filled in automatically.

VA.X kind of does it 10% of the time. When I type the open bracket, I immediately get the argument list tool-tip below the cursor, which informs me about the function signature(s). Sometimes, after about a second, I get a second tool tip above the cursor, where I can choose a argument list to be filled in (eg. "(bool foo /* = false */")

Problem 1: The second tool-tip only appears 10% of the time. Worse, if I change a function declaration, delete the argument list from the definition and again type the open bracket, it'll never suggest a useful argument list again, if any.

Problem 2: Often, the suggested argument list in the second tooltip is wrong, even though the first tooltip below the cursor displays the correct argument list.

What I don't understand is why VA.X is capable of displaying the correct parameter list below the cursor, but not in the second tooltip above the cursor. I end up having to type in the displayed argument list from the first tool tip, manually commenting out default arguments.

- Daniel

VA_X.dll file version 10.0.1219.0
Licensed to:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.0.0.40
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: 7X13 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
Single processor

dingweed

37 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2004 :  11:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Yup I see the same behavior. I turn off VA.X when I need to do that. Thankfully is it not broken VS.NET yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000